When the days are longer, and the weather gets warmer it’s time to prepare for allergy season…
Maintaining your indoor air quality can be difficult. When dust, dirt and pollen build up in your home, they reduce the quality of air that circulates through your heating and air conditioning system. Here are a few easy things you can do to prepare for allergy season:
- Cleaning fabric items will help keep dust, dirt and pollen under control.
- Vacuuming your home daily will help remove smaller allergy particles.
- Beware of opening doors and windows because this will allow pollen to enter your home.
- Change the air filter on your HVAC equipment. If you don’t know how to change your air filter, one of our experienced heating and air conditioning technicians can take care of this for you.
- Monitor the humidity in your home. Too much humidity can create a breeding ground for germs.
If you continue to suffer from indoor allergies, you might benefit from an indoor air purifier. We recommend the Apco-X whole home air purifier system. It will neutralize air pollutants when they pass through your heating and air conditioning duct and circulate fresh feeling air throughout your home. Learn more about how the Apco-x can help you fight allergy season here.
Call (585) 232-5555 to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced heating and air conditioning technicians. It is our goal to help you and your family remain comfortable year-round.
Your Plumbing and Heating Professionals Since 1999.